500 g white asparagus
500 g green asparagus
100 g strawberries
100 g Strawberry Preserve
2 heads of lettuce (lettuce hearts work well)
60 g pine nuts
A little cress
4 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. vegetable stock
6 tbsp. oil (rapeseed or safflower oil)
2 tbsp. oil (walnut or pine nut oil)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp. icing sugar
1. First trim and peel the asparagus (peel white full length, green to half way up). Cut the spears at an angle into bite-size pieces. Boil the white asparagus in salted water for about 12-15 minutes until just cooked. For the green asparagus, lightly caramelize the icing sugar then stir in the asparagus pieces and deglaze with a little vegetable stock. Cook for 5 minutes until just done. Drain both types wells.
2. Make a dressing by combining the vinegars, oils, jam, salt and pepper and add a little cress. Pour the dressing over the asparagus and leave to marinate.
3. Wash and spin dry the lettuce and place in a large bowl. Trim and clean the strawberries, cut them in half and distribute over the lettuce.
4. Dry roast the pine nuts in a frying pan.
5. Add the asparagus to the lettuce, drizzle the remaining dressing over the lettuce and strawberries and garnish with the remaining cress and the pine nuts.