250 g of flour
40 g of sugar
1 pinch of salt
100 ml of milk
1/2 piece of fresh yeast (21)
40 g of butter or margarine
1 egg (medium-sized)
1 kg of vegetable fat for deep-fat frying
12 tsp. of Maintal Rosehip Preserve Extra
300 g of white chocolate glazing
12 red chocolate buttons approx.
50 g of red fondant brown sugar for decoration
Flour for the work surface
Grease for the tray
Single-use piping bag with small nozzle
1. Put the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Create a hollow in the middle. Heat milk until lukewarm. Break up the yeast into a bowl. Mix the yeast and 50 ml of milk. Pour the yeast-milk mixture into the hollow, mix with some flour from the edge, cover and leave to rise for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Melt butter or margarine and then remove from the hearth. Add an egg and remaining milk to the yeast dough and mix until the dough is smooth using the dough hook on your electric mixer. Cover and place in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes to allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in volume.
3. Knead the dough through once again and then form into a roll (approximately 12 cm Ø) on a well-floured work surface, before cutting into 12 pieces. Form into balls and lay onto a greased backing tray. Cover and allow to rise once again for a further approximately 20 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pot to approx. 160°C. Carefully slide 4 to 5 of the doughnuts into the oil at a time using a skimmer. Deep-fat fry until the underside is golden brown and then carefully turn (for a total of 8 minutes). Remove the doughnuts using the skimmer and place on kitchen paper to allow the excess fat to drip off.
5. Fill the preserve into a piping bag with a doughnut nozzle or a small nozzle and fill the doughnuts with it. Break up chocolate coating and place over a bowl of warm water to melt. Dip the top side of the doughnut into the chocolate and then place on a cake rack to cool. Before the chocolate coating hardens, place 1 chocolate button on top of each doughnut in the middle.
6. Use some of the chocolate coating to create “mouths” and “eyebrows” and lay onto the doughnuts to create a face. Use the icing sugar to make “eyes” and paint contours and then allow to dry.
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes. Waiting time: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Each piece has approx. 1210 kJ, 290 kcal. Protein 5 g, Fat 13 g, Carbohydrates 39 g