For the filling:
Maintal rosehip preserve extra
For the cupcakes:
400 g marzipan
1 package vanilla sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
Zest from 2 organic lemon
For the cream:
3 tbsp Maintal rosehip preserve extra
300 g cream cheese, full fat
150 g low fat quark
2 tbsp cream stiffener
The best way to create the filling is to freeze the Maintal rosehip preserve extra in small portions the day before, for example in an ice cube maker. That is how the liquid core of rosehip preserve extra is created for the finished cupcake.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) circulating air and grease a muffin tin well or line with muffin paper cups.
2. Grate marzipan coarsely and put into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs and zests and mix everything into a creamy mixture.
4. In a second bowl, mix flour with baking powder and sieve into the marzipan cream. Work everything into a smooth dough.
5. Divide about half of the dough into 9 muffin moulds.
6. Press one frozen rosehip preserve extra ice cube into each oft he moulds filled with dough and cover everything well with the rest oft he dough.
7. Bake muffins for 20 minutes and leave in the tin to cool down slightly.
8. In the meantime, mix cream cheese with preserve extra and quark and season with vanilla.