- Cook the sushi rice with the coconut milk, the cinnamon and the water in a rice cooker or prepare in a pot according to the instructions on the packaging.
- When ready, put the rice into a dish to cool down and sweeten with the rice syrup. Repeatedly, carefully stir with a large spoon so that the rice cools down more quickly.
- In the meantime, bake the crêpes. To this end, mix all the ingredients into a smooth dough and bake on a crêpes maker or in a pan into thin pancakes, the crêpes. Stack the crêpes when ready and put to one side.
- Wash the fruit for the filling, peel if necessary and cut into narrow strips.
- For the “sweet makis” and the “inside out rolls”, halve a chocolate crêpe and place on a sushi mat. Spread the rice approx. 1 cm thick on the crêpe and press firmly with moist fingers.
- For the “sweet makis”, place the cut fruit in the middle and sprinkle with Maintal rosehip preserve. Using the sushi mat, press and shape into a firm roll.
- For the “inside out rolls”, turn the crêpe with rice inside out, spread the crêpe side without rice with Maintal rosehip preserve, fill with fruit and also shape into a role with a sushi mat. When ready, roll the sushi roll in coconut flakes. Now cut all the rolls into wide slices with a sharp knife.
- For the “sushi balls”, spread the rice in circles on a piece of cling film, squeeze with your finger and place a dollop of Maintal rosehip preserve in the middle. Press the rice together using the film and form into balls. To serve, simply garnish with some fruit and wrap a thin strip of chocolate crêpe around the balls.
- Serve the sweet sushis on a plate when ready, garnish with a large dollop of Maintal rosehip preserve as sauce for dipping. For a particular hint of Asia, serve with chopsticks and some passion fruit.
A recipe idea from Pünktchens Mama - Heike Herden