400 g spelt flour + some extra flour to shape
100 g emmer flour
70 g dried cranberries
1 tsp salt
1 tsp maple syrup
1 small package dry yeast
300 ml water (cold)
2 egg yolks
1 tsp mustard
2 tsp lemon juice
200 ml rapeseed oil + 2 tbsp
120 g Skyr
30 g rosehip preserve extra
80 g lamb’s lettuce
600 g roastbeef
300 g soft cheese in slices
salt, pepper, steak pepper
For the buns:
1. Crush the dried cranberries.
2. Mix spelt, emmer flour and dry yeast well.
3. Knead the flour-yeast mixture, cranberries, salt, maple syrup and water well using the dough hook of a food processor or hand mixer until obtaining an even dough. Cover and leave to rise for one hour in a cool room.
4. After one hour, fold the dough towards the middle. Then let it rise for another 60 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 270°C (518°F). Place an oven-proof bowl of water on the floor of your oven.
6. Form the dough into a roll on a floured work surface and divide into 6 pieces. Then knead into rolls by flattening and folding the pieces towards the middle. Repeat the folding until it is no longer possible. Then turn the dough piece and roll into a ball. Let it rise for another 30 minutes.
7. Cut the bun blanks, brush with water and bake at 270°C (518°F) for about 10-15 minutes (depends on the baking characteristics of your oven). Then lower the temperature to 160°C (320°F) and finish baking for another 10 minutes.
8. When finished baking, switch off the oven and let the buns rest for another 5 minutes. Take out afterwards and leave to cool down.
For the rosehip sandwich cream:
9. Whisk the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and 2 tsp of oil with a hand mixer in a narrow and tall mixing bowl until foamy. Consistency and colour already change from yellowish to whitish.
10. While stirring constantly, stir in the rest of the oil in a thin stream, until a creamy and firm consistency is obtained.
11. Stir in the Skyr and rosehip preserve extra and season to taste with salt and pepper.