250 g wheat flour
250 g spelt flour
Some flour to roll out dough
1 small package baking powder
40 g sugar
1 small package vanilla sugar
1 pinch salt
120 g cold butter
2 tbsp Maintal rosehip preserve extra
200 ml milk
70 g dried apricots
70 g dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F) top and bottom heat. Cut the dried apricots into small cubes and put to one side.
2. Mix flour, sugar and salt and add baking powder through a sieve.
3. Divide the butter into small pieces and add to the flour. Knead everything by hand until the butter is completely mixed in with the flour.
4. Then dissolve the Maintal rosehip preserve extra in milk and add to the dough along with the dried apricots and cranberries.
5. Knead everything carefully until a homogeneous dough is formed.
6. Roll out on a floured work surface to a thickness of 1.5 - 2 cm and cut out the scones with a glass, cup or large round cookie cutter and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. As the scones rise during baking, it is important to ensure that there is enough space between them.
7. Bake everything for 10 - 12 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven, remove and enjoy while still slightly warm.