For smoothie layer:
2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
3 tbspMaintal rosehip preserve extra
A splash lemon juice
For the granola (several servings):
1 cup nuts or mixed nuts of your choice
1 cup crisp oat flakes
3 tbsp liquid honey
For yogurt layer:
Some yoghurt or Skyr
1. For the granola, mix the nuts, oat flakes and honey thoroughly in a bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C (428°F) top and bottom heat.
3. Spread the granola onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Bake for 15-25 minutes until it starts to get crispy.
5. Take out of the oven and leave to cool down. The granola will now harden completely.
6. For the smoothie layer, mix strawberries, half a banana and the Maintal rosehip preserve extra in a mixer into a thick smoothie. A splash of lemon juice ensures that the smoothie does not turn brown in the glass.
7. Pour the granola into a screw-top jar first. Then carefully spread some yoghurt or Skyr on top.
8. Now fill up the jar with the smoothie and decorate with some granola. A few mint leaves on top not only look fantastic, but also taste fresh and delicious.
9. When at the office, just spoon the finished breakfast out of the jar. That’s how easy it is to have a tasty and healthy breakfast at work!
A recipe idea from food blogger Heike @puenktchens_mama