- For the low carb carrot cake from the tray, first preheat the oven to 175° upper/lower heat.
- Lay out the tray with baking paper; if you use a cake form, you should grease it.
- Separate the eggs and whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Put to one side.
- Cut up the vanilla pod longways and scrape out the pulp.
- Whisk the egg yolks, the vanilla, the sweet and the oil with the balloon whisk until the sweet has come loose and everything is light-coloured and creamy.
- During this time, peel and finely grate the carrots.
- Wash and dry off the lemon, grate the zest and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix together the nuts, the pudding powder, the cream of tartar baking powder and the cinnamon and mix it into the whipped egg mixture.
- Add the carrots, the lemon zest and the lemon juice and mix everything together well.
- Mix in 1/3 of the whisked egg white (I do this with the food processor); fold in the rest gently by hand.
- Place the dough on the tray or in the casserole dish, spread smoothly and bake on the middle shelf for 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool completely.
- If the low carb carrot cake from the tray is cold, the topping can go on!
- First, put the Maintal apricot jam 50% less sugar into a small pot with 4 tbsp. water and heat while stirring.
- Spread on the carrot cake with a pallet, a knife or the back of a tablespoon and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk 250 g cream cheese and 250 g low-fat curd with the first of the vanilla pulps with a balloon whisk and sweet to taste.
- Spread on the carrot cake. This does not have to be exact; a slightly uneven surface is, in fact, really nice.
- Decorate the low carb carrot cake from the tray, cut into pieces and enjoy!
A recipe idea from food blogger ol(l)a die Kochfee - Stressfrei genießen: https://www.holladiekochfee.de/