Low carb carrot cake from the tray
Ingredients (for one tray, one casserole dish or a cake setting ring, approx. 40 x 25 cm)
Low carb or not? You decide! Would you prefer to bake the cake in the conventional manner? No problem. Simply use “normal” pudding powder and sugar or brown sugar instead of xylite.
For the carrot cake:
- 6 eggs (size L)
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g Xylit or brown sugar
- 100 ml neutral cooking oil
- pulp of 1/2 vanilla pod (or 1 knife tip grounded vanilla or 2 tbs vanilla extract) – rest of the vanilla pulp is for the topping!
- 100 g grounded walnuts
- 200 g grounded hazelnuts
- 1/2 sachet baking powder (10g)
- 70 g vanilla powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 300 g fine grated carrots
- 1 organic lemon, peel and juice
For the topping:
- 1/2 jar (100 g) Maintal apricot fruit spread 50% less sugar
- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g curd (20 or 40% - it's your choice)
- pulp of 1/2 vanilla pod
- optionally, 50-60 g powder xylite or powder erythritol, if you like your topping sweet – I leave it as it is; the sweetness comes from the Maintal apricot jam 50% less sugar.
Optionally: Easter eggs, hares, crumble for the decoration (that is not low carb but the family will eat the decoration). Pistachios also look nice and springlike!