500 g of flour
80 g of sugar
6 tbsp. of cappuccino powder
1 pinch of salt
200 ml of milk
1 piece of yeast (42 g)
80 g of butter or margarine
2 eggs (medium-sized)
1 jar (340 g) of Maintal Rosehip Preserve Extra
1 kg of white vegetable fat Icing sugar for decorative dusting
Flour for the work Surface
1. Put the flour, sugar, cappuccino powder and salt in a bowl. Create a hollow in the middle. Heat the milk until lukewarm. Break up the yeast into a bowl. Mix the yeast and 100 ml of milk until smooth. Pour the yeast-milk mixture into the hollow, mix with some flour from the edge, cover and set aside for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Melt the fat and then remove from the hearth. Add the eggs, fat and remaining milk to the yeast dough and mix until the dough is smooth using the dough hook on your electric mixer. Cover and place in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes to allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in volume.
3. Knead the dough through once again and then form into a roll (approximately 6 cm Ø) on a well-floured work surface. Cut 40 pieces from the roll of dough and form into balls. Place the balls on two floured backing trays, cover and allow to rise once again for a further approximately 20 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan to 160°C to 170°C. Carefully slide 5 to 6 of the doughnuts into the oil at a time using a skimmer. Deep-fat fry until the underside is golden brown and then carefully turn (for a total of 6 to 8 minutes). Remove the doughnuts using the skimmer and place on kitchen paper in order to allow the excess fat to drip off.
5. Fill the preserve into a piping bag with a Berlin spout or a smaller filling spout. Fill the doughnuts with the preserve, allow to cool somewhat, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes. Waiting time: approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Each doughnut has approx. 580 kJ, 140 kcal. Protein 2 g, Fat 6 g, Carbohydrates 17 g