130 g of dark chocolate (70% cacao)
175 g of soft butter
200 g of brown sugar
175 g of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
3 eggs (medium-sized)
700 g of whipped cream
1 can of pear halves (850 g)
8 sheets of gelatine
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
7 tbsp. of Maintal Rosehip Preserve Extra
3 baby pears (jar) for decoration
Grease for the baking form
1. Chop chocolate. Dissolve butter, chocolate and sugar in 100 ml of water. Mix flour and baking soda. Mix the eggs and 3 tbsp. of cream into the chocolate mass and then gradually the flour mixture at the end. Add the dough into a greased springform pan (approx. 26 cm Ø) and spread evenly.
2. Bake in the pre-heated oven (electric oven: 175°C/ circulating: 150°C/ gas: please see manufacturer information) for approx. 35 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven, allow to cool and release from the cake form. Remove the cake by turning the form upside down and then allow to cool.
3. Empty the pears into a sieve and allow to drip off well. Soak the gelatine in cold water. Chop 3 pear halves into small cubes. Finely purée the remaining pears and lemon juice with a hand blender. Turn the base over once again and half horizontally once. Place the bottom base on a plate and create a cake ring around the base.
4. Beat 470 g of cream until stiff. Squeeze the gelatine and dissolve, stir in approximately 3 tbsp. of pear purée into the gelatine, and then stir in this mixture into the remaining pear purée. Add the pear cubes into the purée and fold in the cream. Spread approximately 4 tbsp. of rosehip preserve on the cake base. Spread cream on the cake base and spread out smoothly. Place the second base on top and press down lightly. Place the cake in the fridge for approximately 4 hours.
5. Beat 200 g of cream until stiff. Remove the cake ring and apply whipped cream right around the side of the cake. Spread 3 tbsp. of rosehip preserve over the cream and loosely spread out using a teaspoon. Place the cake in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes. Quarter baby pears and use as decoration.
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes. Waiting time: approx. 5 hours and 30 minutes.
Each piece has approx. 2310 kJ, 550 kcal. Protein 7 g, Fat 36 g, Carbohydrates 48 g