300 g of flour
100 g of icing sugar
2 package of vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
150 g of butter
1 egg (medium-sized)
8 sheets of gelatine
500 g of cream quark (40% fat in dry matter)
100 g of sugar
3 tbsp. of lemon juice
600 g of whipped cream
1 1/2 jars (each containing 340 g) of Maintal Cranberry Preserve Extra
Icing sugar for decorative dusting
Grease and flour for the baking form
One-time piping bag with nozzle
1. Mix flour, icing sugar, 1 pack of vanilla sugar and salt in a bowl. Add butter piece by piece and an egg. First knead everything using the dough hook on the electric mixer, then knead for a short time with the hands to make a smooth shortcrust pastry.
2. Grease the base of a springform pan (26 cm Ø) and sprinkle lightly with flour. Half the dough. Roll out one half of the dough on the floured working surface to a circle (approx. 25 cm Ø). Lay on the base of the springform pan and roll out or press out to the edges. Use a fork to make holes in the dough. Place the springform around the base. Bake in the pre-heated oven (electric oven: 175°C/ circulating: 150°C/ gas: please see manufacturer information) for approx. 15 minutes.
3. Allow the finished base to cool on a cake rack for approximately 10 minutes and carefully remove the cake ring. Lay the shortcrust pastry base on a cake plate and allow to cool. Wash the springform pan, grease the base once again and sprinkle with flour. Prepare the second half of the dough in the same way and bake. Then cut the warm base into 12 pieces. Allow to cool.
4. Soak the gelatine in cold water. Mix quark, sugar, 1 package of vanilla sugar and lemon juice. Squeeze and dissolve the gelatine. Add approximately 3 tbsp. of cream into the gelatine and then stir into the remaining cream. Beat 500 g of cream until stiff and mix with the quark cream.
5. Place the cake ring around the entire shortcrust pastry base. Stir the cranberry preserve until smooth and spread approximately 3/4 onto the shortcrust pastry. Spread the quark cream on the base, smoothen and place the cake in the fridge for approximately 4 hours. Beat 100 g of cream until stiff and fill into a piping bag with a nozzle. Remove the cake ring, spread the remaining cranberry preserve on top of the cream. Squeeze 12 cream tuffs around the edge of the cake and lay angled pieces of shortcrust pastry against the tuffs and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes. Waiting time: approx. 4 hours and 30 minutes.
Each piece has approx. 2470 kJ, 590 kcal. Protein 10 g, Fat 32 g, Carbohydrates 65 g