For the dough:
OE l milk
4 eggs, of 2 only the yolk
200g Maintal Rosehip Preserve Extra
1kg shortening (grease)
3-4 tbsp icing sugar
1. Flake yeast into a bowl, add 100ml of lukewarm milk, 1tsp sugar. Add 150g flour and stir into the first sponge. Dust it with some flour and let it sit in a warm area.
2. Whisk the rest of the sugar, 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks. Add this to the first sponge with milk, flour, butter and a pinch of salt and knead well. Let sit for another 45 minutes.
3. Cut dough in 12 even pieces and shape balls, press them flat and let sit for another 45 minutes. They will approx. double in size.
4. Now heat the shortening in a large pot to 175º C, add one doughnut at a time and deep-fry on both sides for ca. 5 minutes until they are golden brown. Take them out and set them on a piece of kitchen paper.
5. Use an icing bag to inject the rosehip preserve extra on the side. At last dust them with icing sugar